WHAT EXACTLY IS CROSSFIT?
CrossFit is defined as “Constantly varied functional movements performed at high intensity”. This sounds really cool and formal but what does it mean exactly? We take movements from Olympic Weight Lifting, Powerlifting and Gymnastics. We run, climb, jump, row and throw. We do this in as many combinations as possible where technique is paramount and intensity follows.
Our aim is to increase your proficiency in the 10 recognized fitness domains (Cardiovascular & Respiratory, Strength, Stamina, Flexibility, Power, Speed, Coordination, Agility, Balance, and Accuracy), so there is no specialization. In layman’s terms, this means we are a fitness program that strives to make our clients jack of all trades when it comes to physical activity.
I STILL DON't GET IT
- Our workouts are never the same. We probably won’t repeat a workout once in a 6 month period.
- They are generally short in length and high intensity. Anywhere from 5min to 30min.
- We don’t use machines. Your body acts as the machine. Scientists have proven in the last 10 years that repeated routines which are long in duration really don’t help you get the results you desire.
If that is still too vague then just drop in for your Free Week and we’ll explain it to you at nauseum.
IT STARTS WITH FUNDAMENTALS
In order to facilitate a smooth transition for new members to our CrossFit Classes, we have designed what we call the ‘Fundamentals’ program. This Program allows us to get to know you, it introduces you to the movement patterns associated with CrossFit, and provides the needed attention and coaching for beginner CrossFitters, while not drawing away the Coaches attention during our regular CrossFit Classes. All new members must complete the ’Fundamentals’ Program in order to gain access to our regular CrossFit Schedule.
- 3 Private or semi-private Personal Training sessions.
- Learn the fundamental movements and terminology of CrossFit.
- 1-on-1 coaching on the most technical movements/lifts.